Frustrated because it's cold outside and your fireplace won't light?
We can help! Many common reasons fireplaces won't light are easy fixes.
Before you call for maintenance or service on your fireplace, try these solutions:
- Check your pilot light: check the main gas valve to make sure gas is turned on.
- If the pilot light hasn't been on in a few months you might need to release any air in the line. Hold the button down for about one to three minutes while the air bleeds out.
- You have gas coming out of the pilot, but it still won’t light? Next check for debris in the spark igniter and thermocouple.
- So the pilot will light but not stay lit? This is an indicator that the thermocouple is worn out.
- Another quick fix to try is blowing compressed air into the pilot area, waiting a couple minutes, then trying again.
If you've attempted the methods above or are experiencing issues with a wood or pellet stove, call the professionals at NCI.
We are knowledgable on the proper ways to repair these specialized hearth products. We service many brands including Heat & Glo, Quadra-Fire, Harman and Heatilator Eco-Choice.
At NCI, we will send fully trained and professional staff to your home for a service call. We will arrive on time, respect your home and provide hassle free service.